You should have a total of three green lights on your box if everything is working properly.
- The light on the left should be stable, indicating the power is on.
- The middle light should flicker slightly, indicating a connection to the internet.
- The light on the right (beside the phone handset icon) should be lit up, indicating the device is registered properly.
If the lights are not on as stated above, please verify the following.
- Check if the power supply is securely plugged into the box and into your power source (i.e. power bar plugged into wall outlet).
- Check if the network cable is securely connected into the blue coloured “INTERNET” port of your Obi300, and securely connected to your router or switch.
- If steps 1 & 2 have been verified and it is not working, please reboot your networking equipment (modem-router- switch) and see if you get three lights after that step. Also consider testing at a different local network spot that is currently working.
If you have attempted the steps above and done some reboots of your networking equipment and the box, check to see if you are getting a DHCP address on your Obi300.
- Plug an analog phone into the “phone 1” jack, and then dial * * *
- When you hear the greeting message for the Obihai menu, dial 1 to hear the basic network status. You should hear an IP address stated back to you (example 192.168.1.110).
- If you don’t hear an IP address read back, plug in the box to a network cable that you are certain is working (i.e. a network cable currently plugged into a Desktop computer that has internet connectivity). Try accessing the menu to listen to the IP address again.