You may have already configured Schedules that defined inbound call routing based on a specific moment of the day. However, what about when your team consistently has variable work hours?
If you would much rather one of your users toggle an alternate inbound calls mode with the push of a button, this feature can really serve your needs.
Here is how it works:
You will see under "Inbound Calls Handling" two columns that are blank by default.
- Account administrators now have the ability to setup the different desired target per mode of operation.
- The lunch or night modes can only be defined when a day mode has been defined. (The Day mode corresponds to the “Route to.” column in the Inbound target)
- The active mode of operation is global to your account. Example: If the Lunch mode is activated, it is active for all inbound targets.
- When a lunch or night target is not specifically defined, it will follow the mode defined in the day mode target instead.
Who can toggle it back and forth between modes?
- The ability to control the active mode is controlled by a permission given by the account administrator to specific users.
Go to "Cloud PBX - "Permissions", and check the permission for the users that need it.
How is the mode set?
Star codes are being used to set the current active mode, however it is expected that you will control the mode of operation using programmeable BLF keys on your desk phone using programmeable BLF keys
|Current Mode||Code entered||Resulting Mode|
- You can also check the current status by dialing *1224.
The advantage of using the programmeable keys is that they will light up red when an alternate mode is set.
- If you push the night mode button, it dials *2400, announces that it is in night mode, and the button will light up red.
- Any other phones with that button configured will light up red as well.
- If you push it again, it removes the red light, dials *2400 to toggle back to day mode and announces it as well.