babyTEL is all about flexibility and convenience. That is why we make it possible for you to connect using different devices. Choose the device that best suits your needs. Here are some of the devices you can use:
- Use your regular telephone set. You will need to connect it to an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) which in turn connects to the Internet.
- Use babyTEL's desktop application on your computer.
- Use babyTEL's mobile app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Use an IP-Phone, which is a telephone set with built-in Voice over IP (VoIP) capabilities.
Regardless of which type of device you use, if you purchased it from us it will be automatically configured.
If you already own a device or purchased one from another vendor, you need to configure it according to the instructions that come with it. Make sure it is a SIP-enabled VoIP device. We can provide you with generic information needed to properly configure a typical SIP device, but before using one from a third party, you should check with us to make sure that specific model has been properly tested and certified interoperable with our network. Due to variations in characteristics of different SIP devices, we cannot guarantee how well uncertified devices will work.
View the following sections to learn about the devices available from babyTEL:
The OBi302 Universal VoIP Adapter
Connect the OBi302 ATA to your phone and enjoy the benefits of voice calling over the Internet.
- 2 phone ports to connect analog phones, fax machines or a PBX system
- 1 (WAN) Ethernet connection to a broadband modem or router
- 1 (LAN) Ethernet connection to connect computers, hubs or switches to the Internet
- 1 USB 2.0 port
See the product Data Sheet for more details.